As a member of a school community it is necessary to process your information but this will only be done in accordance with the Data Protection Principles.
The information you provide, and that obtained from other relevant sources, such as registers, letters you send in, forms etc, will be treated confidentially and used by your child(s) school to fulfil its legal/statutory obligations. Elements of this information may also be shared with trusted third parties who support the school in the delivery of their statutory requirements, where necessary to confirm factual information provided by you, to protect public funds, including the prevention and detection of fraud and/or otherwise required by law.
Kewaigue School Privacy Notice (How we use pupil
Why do we collect and use pupil information?
We collect and use pupil information under section 16 (Registration of Pupils) of the Education Act 2001 and by parents giving consent to the processing of information.
We use the pupil data:
- to support pupil learning
- to monitor and report on pupil progress
- to provide appropriate pastoral care
- to assess the quality of our services
- to provide appropriate medical care
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing
The categories of pupil information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, unique pupil number and address)
- Characteristics (such as language, nationality, country of birth and free school meal eligibility)
- Attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)
- Assessment information (such as what aspects of the curriculum they have achieved)
- Relevant medical information (such as allergies, asthma, medicines)
- Special Educational Needs information (such as particular learning needs, medical conditions, results of tests)
- Behavioural information (significant misdemeanours, reflections on incidents and outcomes such as suspensions or detentions)
Collecting pupil information
Whilst the majority of pupil information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain pupil information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing pupil data
We hold pupil data typically for the duration of the time a pupil attends the school.
Who do we share pupil information with?
We routinely share pupil information with:
- schools that the pupil’s attend after leaving us
- the Department for Education, Sport and Culture (DESC)
- School nurses - DHSC
- Manx Sport and Recreation (MSR) for swimming and PE lessons
Why we share pupil information
We do not share information about our pupils with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
We share pupils’ data with the Department of Education, Sport and Culture on a statutory basis. This data sharing underpins educational attainment policy and monitoring.
Data collection requirements:
To find out more about the data collection requirements placed on us by the Department of Education Sport and Culture go to https://kewaigue.sch.im/privacy-policy
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, parents and pupils have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your child’s educational record, contact the headteacher on 673951.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://www.inforights.im/contact-us/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact:
- The Headteacher (Data Protection Representative]
- The Data Protection Officer, Department of Education, Sport and Culture. Hamilton House, Douglas. Isle of Man IM1 5EZ. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org